Monday night bass tournaments


Heartland Outdoors magazine is published every month.
Subscription Terms

Or call (309) 741-9790 or e-mail: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

deer illinois cover


September 2019
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 1 2 3 4 5
August 2019
July 2019
March 2019
February 2019
January 2019
December 2018
November 2018
October 2018
September 2018
August 2018
July 2018
June 2018

Recent entries

Malone turkey

Conservation Corner

Central IL Migratory Water Fowl Habitat Project

Mon, March 11, 2019

U. S. Department of Agriculture-Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) will offer special funding to improve habitat for migratory water fowl through the Mississippi River Basin Critical Conservation Area portion of the Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCPP).

NRCS partners with the University of Illinois (U of I) to help producers address resource concerns such as improving wildlife habitat and water quality. Producers can apply for assistance through the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) to implement drainage water management and cover crop practices.

The primary focus is installation of drainage water management practices, which allow producers to manage water that normally leaves the farm through tile drainage. By working with NRCS and the U of I, landowners can manage water more efficiently and allow more habitat for migratory water fowl, such as the American Golden Plover. Drainage water management practices can be installed on new or existing field tile drainage systems located throughout central Illinois.   

NRCS RCPP funding is available to producers whose land is located in the following counties:  Christian, Macon, Shelby, Piatt, Moultrie, Champaign, Douglas, Coles, Cumberland, Vermilion, Edgar and Clark.

To take advantage of this conservation funding opportunity, interested producers should submit applications by the application cutoff dates of April 19 and May 17, 2019. NRCS reminds producers they can submit an EQIP application to their local field office at any time throughout the year.

To apply, eligible producers should contact their local NRCS field office or visit the Illinois NRCS website at